The National Weather Service issued a Excessive Heat Warning for Southern California Wednesday July 25 2018 thru Thursday July 26 2018.
The National Weather Service (NWS) reports that the excessive heat will continue thru 8:00pm Thursday July 26 2018.
High Temperatures are expected in the high 80s near the beaches and 100’s farther inland .
The peak of the Heat will be Wednesday July 25 2018.
Slight weakening of the high pressure and a minor intrusion of monsoonal moisture will bring a cooling trend for Friday July 27 2018 through the weekend.
Expect temperatures remaining above average over the July 27 2018 Weekend.
High Surf Advisory will affect beach erosion and make for dangerous swimming conditions.
High Surf Advisory thru 9:00pm Wednesday July 25 2018.
Surf expected to be 5 to 7 Feet along south and southwest facing beaches of Orange County with occasional sets of 9 Feet at favored locations in Orange County.
High Surf can bring about dangerous swimming conditions due to the presence of large breaking waves, strong rip currents and longshore currents.
San Diego Gas & Electric encourages energy conservation during this time.
• Drink plenty of water; don’t wait until you are thirsty.
• Wear light-weight, light-colored, loose-fitting clothing.
• Stay out of the sun if possible, and when in the sun wear a hat, preferably with a wide brim, and use sunscreen.
• Avoid strenuous activities if you are outside or in non-air conditioned buildings. If you are working outdoors, take frequent rest and refreshment breaks in a shaded area.
• Never leave children, elderly people or pets unattended in closed cars or other vehicles.
• Check on those who are at high risk to make sure they are staying cool – including seniors who live alone, people with heart or lung disease, and young children.
• Stay cool indoors – if your home is not air conditioned, visit public facilities such as shopping malls and libraries to stay cool.
Orange County has “Official” Cooling Centers throughout the County.
Please check with each center to determine if they are “acting” as a Cooling Center during the Heat Wave.
Cooling Center’s Nearby May Include:
Oasis Senior Center located at 801 Narcissus Avenue in Newport Beach California
949-644-3244 (Please call to determine if they are open and are activated as a “Cooling Center”.
Provides air conditioned facilities that are open to the public during dangerously hot weather.
Dana Point Community Center located at 34052 Del Obispo Street in Dana Point California.
(949) 248-3536.(Please call to determine if they are open and are activated as a “Cooling Center”.