Laguna Beach California Schools begin Spring Break Monday April 17 2017.
Laguna Beach Unified Spring Break is Monday April 17 2017 thru Friday April 21 2017.
Students and Staff will not be in attendance during Spring Break 2017.
Spring Break brings more visitors to our local beaches.
There will be more pedestrians on local streets.
The Laguna Beach Police Department would like to remind both drivers and pedestrians to be alert, share the roadway and keep in mind the following safety tips to keep our roadways safe at all times.
– Look out for pedestrians, especially in hard-to-see conditions such as at night or in bad weather.
– Slow down and be prepared to stop when turning or entering a crosswalk where pedestrians are likely to be.
– Stop at the crosswalk stop line to give drivers in other lanes an opportunity to see and yield to the pedestrians, too.
– If a vehicle is stopped at a crosswalk DO NOT overtake it without stopping and ensuring the crosswalk is clear prior to proceeding.
– Be cautious when backing up – pedestrians, especially young children, can move across your path.
– Be predictable. Follow the rules of the road, cross at crosswalks or intersections, and obey signs and signals.
– Walk facing traffic and as far from traffic as possible if there is no sidewalk.
– Pay attention to the traffic moving around you.
This is not the time to be texting or talking on a cell phone.
– Make eye contact with drivers as they approach.
Never assume a driver sees you and will stop.
– Wear bright clothing during the day and reflective materials (or use a flashlight) at night.
– LOOK left-right-left before crossing a street.
– Wear bright clothing, use a flashlight at night, and utilize reflective materials.