#MarchForTruth Los Angeles is Saturday June 3 2017.*
Across the country, peaceful demonstrations will be happening on Saturday June 3 2017.
The goal is to Restore faith in American Democracy and in our electoral system.
South OC Beaches has all the info for you for #MarchForTruth Los Angeles!
March for Truth is in over 90 cities across 47 states.
This is not a partisan issue.
This is an American issue.
Join in this first major step towards restoring faith in our democracy and in our election system.
This has to happen before 2018!
11:00am Pershing Square Meet Up
11:45am March For Truth L.A. March to L.A. City Hall
12:45pm: Program Opening (Useful Idiots/Truth Zero)
1:00pm: Congressman, Brad Sherman
1:15pm: Los Angeles Musician and Artist, Amy Clark
1:25pm: California Congressional Candidate, Bryan Calorie
1:35pm: Congresswoman, Maxine Waters
1:45pm: Los Angeles LGBTQ Activist, Alex De Ocampo
1:55pm: Los Angeles Youth Poet Laureate, Rhiannon McGavin
2:05pm: WeMarchParty Lead Organizer, Isaac Price
This event is hosted by We March Party
March for Truth Los Angeles Locations and Parking
Pershing Square is located at 532 South Olive Street.
LA City Hall is located at 200 North Spring Street.
Parking downtown is limited, please consider taking the Metro.
City Hall is very close to Pershing Square and Civic Center stations.
*By choosing to attend this event, you are acknowledging the risks involved, and you are committing to participate non-violently and in accordance with the law, and to work to de-escalate confrontations with opposing persons or others.
You agree (i) not to engage in any act of violence or violation of any applicable law and (ii) to obey the orders of authorized event marshals and law enforcement authorities.
1) We demand the investigations into the possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia are fair, honest and non-partisan. We must also ensure that it is conducted in a timely manner. Having this cloud hanging over our country when elections come around in 2018 is not an option.
In order to achieve this we have three demands.
– We demand an independent counsel to oversee the investigation (Update: We got this! former FBI director Robert Mueller has been appointed. He is highly respected by democrats and republicans ). Boom.
– We demand an independent bipartisan commission to conduct investigations, to establish a plan to prevent anything like this from happening in the future, as well as to ensure that as much information that is possible to release is released to the public.
– We demand that any and all parties found guilty of any crime be promtly prosecuted.
2. We demand election reform (see the rest of the demands).
3. We demand no more super delegates.
4. We demand the electoral college be abolished.
5. We demand fair voter registration deadlines.
6. We demand open primaries.
7. We demand same day registration.
8. We demand verifiable paper ballots with records/receipts.
9. We demand shorter general election cycles.
10. We demand an end to Citizens United.
11. We demand properly trained poll workers.
12. We demand adequate polling locations.
13. We demand improved VBM (Vote By Mail).
14. We demand an end to Voter ID laws.