Laguna Beach is under a National Weather Service Heat Advisory for Friday September 1 2017.
The National Weather Service has issued a Heat Advisory for Laguna Beach California thru Saturday September 2 2017 at 10:00pm.
High Temperatures…88 to 98 near higher coastal terrain, 82 to 88 at the beaches.
A Heat Advisory means that a period of hot temperatures is expected which will create a situation in which heat illnesses are possible.
High Temperatures are expected to be 88 to 98 near higher coastal terrain and 82 to 88 at the beaches.
* Impacts…Those working or spending time outdoors, the elderly, children, and those unaccustomed to excessive heat will be most susceptible to dangerous heat illness.
Young children and pets should never be left unattended in vehicles under any circumstance.
* Outlook…Temperatures will lower a few degrees by the end of the weekend, but will remain above average.
California ISO Flex Alert Friday September 1 2017 1:00pm-10:00pm
A Flex Alert is a Voluntary Reduction in Power Use due to the Electric Grid being under stress
Reduce Your Use in the Following Recommended Ways
Turn Off all Unnecessary Lights
Do Not Use Major Appliances
Set Air Conditioners at 78 Degrees or Higher
• Drink plenty of water; don’t wait until you are thirsty.
• Wear light-weight, light-colored, loose-fitting clothing.
• Stay out of the sun if possible, and when in the sun wear a hat, preferably with a wide brim, and use sunscreen.
• Avoid strenuous activities if you are outside or in non-air conditioned buildings. If you are working outdoors, take frequent rest and refreshment breaks in a shaded area.
• Never leave children, elderly people or pets unattended in closed cars or other vehicles.
• Check on those who are at high risk to make sure they are staying cool – including seniors who live alone, people with heart or lung disease, and young children.
• Stay cool indoors – if your home is not air conditioned, visit public facilities such as shopping malls and libraries to stay cool.
Cooling Center’s Nearby Include:
Oasis Senior Center located at 801 Narcissus Avenue in Newport Beach California
Dana Point Community Center located at 34052 Del Obispo Street in Dana Point California.(949) 248-3536.
Friday September 1 2017: 8:00am thru 8:00pm
Saturday September 2 2017: 10:00am thru 6:00pm