South OC Beaches is under a Heat Advisory from the National Weather Service Saturday September 2 2017.
The National Weather Service reports that the excessive heat will continue thru 10:00pm Saturday September 2 2017.
High Temperatures are expected in the 80s near the beaches and 90s farther inland and near higher coastal terrain.
Expect cooler temperature on Sunday due to the moisture and more clouds from the remnants of Tropical Storm Lidia.
• Drink plenty of water; don’t wait until you are thirsty.
• Wear light-weight, light-colored, loose-fitting clothing.
• Stay out of the sun if possible, and when in the sun wear a hat, preferably with a wide brim, and use sunscreen.
• Avoid strenuous activities if you are outside or in non-air conditioned buildings. If you are working outdoors, take frequent rest and refreshment breaks in a shaded area.
• Never leave children, elderly people or pets unattended in closed cars or other vehicles.
• Check on those who are at high risk to make sure they are staying cool – including seniors who live alone, people with heart or lung disease, and young children.
• Stay cool indoors – if your home is not air conditioned, visit public facilities such as shopping malls and libraries to stay cool.
Cooling Center’s Nearby Include:
Oasis Senior Center located at 801 Narcissus Avenue in Newport Beach California
Dana Point Community Center located at 34052 Del Obispo Street in Dana Point California.(949) 248-3536.
Friday September 1 2017: 8:00am thru 8:00pm
Saturday September 2 2017: 10:00am thru 6:00pm