The California Coastal Commission September 2020 Meeting is Virtual During the COVID-19 Pandemic.
California Coastal Commission Meeting is Wednesday September 9 2020 thru Friday September 11 2020.
The Public is Encouraged to participate.
Meeting Starts at 9:00am.
Wednesday September 9 2020 Features: South Coast District (Orange County)/
Dana Point Harbor Partners LLC
(1) replace 2,409 recreational boat slip marina with 2,254 recreational boat slip marina
(2) replace 11 yacht club slips with 13 yacht club slips in the Dana Point Yacht Club in Inner Basin (3) replace 16 sportfishing charter slips and 1 dock-and-dine guest dock adjacent to Catalina ferry (4) relocate and reconfigure fuel dock and emergency dock
(5) relocate bait dock, replace 16 commercial fishing slips, and install new drive-in boat wash in Outer Basin
(6) relocate and expand transient guest docks to Outer Basin
(7) replace 11 existing boater service buildings with 10 boater service buildings
(8) repair 9,964 linear feet of seawalls/revetment
(9) replace 1,644 designated boater parking spaces with 1,410 spaces
(10) and relocate and expand parkscape and public access areas closer to the water
Thursday September 10 2020 Features: San Diego/South Central Coast/South Coast District (LA)
Friday September 11 2020 Features: North Central Coast/Central Coast/North Coast
Meetings thru Zoom Conference and Telephone
Applicants and the public will be able to listen to and watch the meeting and comment by Zoom conference or by telephone.
Provide Comments via Zoom Conference or Phone
Provide a real-time comment via computer/tablet/phone
Listen and/or provide an audio comment by cell phone or land line
If you don’t have internet access, or you prefer to participate by phone, or you just want to listen to the meeting via your cell phone or a land line, call Commission staff at this number:
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
In the body of the email, please provide:
Your email address
Who you represent (i.e., self, another person, an organization)
The number and name of the agenda item you wish to speak on
(e.g., Item W14b, Smith)
Whether you are speaking for or against the proposed item
Whether you intend to provide a PowerPoint or video
Commission staff will send a return email to you with a link to join the Zoom meeting.
It is strongly encouraged anyone wishing to listen or speak by phone to call to request to speak by 5:00pm the day before the hearing item to assist with meeting management and limit the potential for human error.
Your voice can be heard at the California Coastal Commission Meeting.
If you have any concerns about California Beach issues you may address the Commission.
You can read the items now and submit online public comments to SouthCoast@coastal.ca.gov.
California Coastal Commission Mission
The mission of the California Coastal Commission is to protect, conserve, restore, and enhance environmental and human-based resources of the California coast and ocean for environmentally sustainable and prudent use by current and future generations.
The Commission holds monthly public meetings of three to five days in length in different locations throughout the state.
The Commission meetings provide an opportunity for the Coastal Commissioners to take public testimony and to make permit, planning, and other policy decisions.
Prior to each meeting, Commission staff collects and analyzes information pertinent to meeting agenda items and prepares written staff reports with recommendations for Commission action.
These staff reports are available for public review, by contacting the appropriate Commission office. Some
elected staff reports are also available electronically by means of a link from the Commission’s
For more information please visit California Coastal Commission.
You can watch the California Coastal Commission Meetings at California Coastal Commission Meeting Live Stream
* Any announcements regarding Commission actions will be made in public after the conclusion of the closed session.
Any announcements will also be posted on the Commission’s online agenda.
Wednesday September 9 2020 thru Friday September 11 2020: San Luis Obispo
Wednesday October 7 2020 thru Friday October 9 2020: California Northern Coast TBD
Wednesday November 4 2020 thru Friday November 6 2020: San Diego
Wednesday December 9 2020 thru Friday December 11 2020: California North Central District