Dana Point Harbor Proposed Renovation are being reviewed at the monthly California Coastal Commission Meeting Wednesday September 9 2020.
Dana Point Harbor is proposing a large-scale remodel of the Harbor over a period of 5 years.
California Coastal Commission Staff is recommending approval of the Harbor renovations with conditions.
Dana Point Harbor Proposed Renovations
(1) replace 2,409 recreational boat slip marina with 2,254 recreational boat slip marina
(2) replace 11 yacht club slips with 13 yacht club slips in the Dana Point Yacht Club in Inner Basin
(3) replace 16 sportfishing charter slips and 1 dock-and-dine guest dock adjacent to Catalina ferry
(4) relocate and reconfigure fuel dock and emergency dock
(5) relocate bait dock, replace 16 commercial fishing slips, and install new drive-in boat wash in Outer Basin
(6) relocate and expand transient guest docks to Outer Basin
(7) replace 11 existing boater service buildings with 10 boater service buildings
(8) repair 9,964 linear feet of seawalls/revetment
(9) replace 1,644 designated boater parking spaces with 1,410 spaces
(10) relocate and expand parkscape and public access areas closer to the water